The Water Mill Community House is next to the Water Mill Cemetery. It was built between 1897 and 1898 as a chapel. Visiting pastors and lay people held religious services, but the chapel was never formally occupied by an organized church group. It stopped being used for religious services in the 1920s, according to the Water Mill museum, and was turned over to the Water Mill Community Club in the 1970s. The community club was founded in 1952 and continues to maintain the community house.