Sacred Hearts was founded by Irish immigrants that had been brought to Southampton to serve the upper class. The current church was built in 1908 and features a 300-year-old pulpit and stained glass windows from Munich and Austria. The church offers youth and adult choirs and religious education classed for children. Father Jeffrey J. Madley has served as pastor since 2000. Sacred Hearts hosts Human Resources of the Hamptons, a community food pantry and assistance center for the hungry and homeless.