Pelletreau Silver Shop
Drag box to select area
A property of the Southampton Historical Museums and Research Center, the Pelletreau Silver Shop was built in 1686 and stands at its original location on Main Street. It is the oldest continuously opened shop in the Americas, according to the museum. Originally a dry goods store, it was purchased in 1717 by whale oil merchant Francis Pelletreau. His grandson, silversmith Elias Pelletreau, used it as a workshop between 1750 and 1810. Elias, a local hero, was a captain in the Suffolk County Militia during the Revolutionary War. The museum's resident jeweler, Eric Messin, demonstrates the old jewelry-making techniques at the shop today and offers workshops.
80 Main St, Southampton, NY 11968
- Hours: Tue - Sat, 11am - 4pm