It’s the season of giving, so don’t forget to donate your time, energy and money to a charitable cause. You can donate to a clothing or food drive, participate in a cycle-a-thon, or volunteer wrapping and sorting presents for kids.
1. Get your presents wrapped and donate to the Flying Point Foundation for Autism in one fell swoop at . Donate money and volunteers will wrap your gifts on Saturday and Sunday between noon and 4 p.m. at 38 Main Street in Southampton Village.
2. Donate clothes, toiletries or food to in Southampton Village to provide for the needy. They are open Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. every week.
3. Participate in a on Saturday at 7 a.m. at in Water Mill. Cycle all day or just for a half hour, either way, Core Dynamics will match a penny for every calorie.
4. Donate to keeping the East End beautiful by donating money or time to .
5. The Animal Rescue Fund of the Hamptons is having a . Drop off cat and dog food donations the ARF Adoption Center at 90 Daniel’s Hole Road in Wainscott.
6. Give the gift of life by donating your blood. There will be a from 7:45 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. at in Sag Harbor on Monday.
7. Be a volunteer at for . They will need volunteers distribute food and wrap gifts on Saturday.
8. Preserve the lands and farms of the East End by donating to this season.
9. Volunteer your time or money to help save the lives of cats and dogs at , a Southampton-based group that rescues animals from kill shelters. LCAR works with local veterinarians to make sure animals receive necessary medical attention and hosts adoption days and events
10. Visit in Southampton for the , which will benefit underprivileged dogs from 2 to 6 p.m. on Dec. 17. You may even decide to adopt one of those dogs.