Is "lose weight" at the top of your list every January 1st?
If you follow some simple guidelines designed to help you make healthy eating choices during the holidays, that's one less resolution you'll have to make!
- When you are shopping for your holiday festivities, plan ahead. Swap out traditional ingredients with low fat alternatives.
- Party appetizers don't have to be highly caloric. Choose vegetables or whole grain crackers with a selection of reduced-fat cheeses.
- Roasting and grilling are simple and low fat preparations for both vegetables and meats.
- Don't skip meals. It will cause you to over-eat later.
- Use a small plate, so you'll eat less.
- If you do over-indulge, don't stress. After all, it is the holiday season!
At The Ed & Phyllis Davis Wellness Institute we can help you achieve your optimal healthy weight. We have nutritionists, classes in healthy eating, and a variety of fun exercise programs.
If you have a significant amount of weight to lose, or if you have developed complicating health issues such as diabetes and high blood pressure that are related to your weight, consider a safe and minimally invasive weight loss procedure at The Hamptons Center for Weight Loss Surgery at Southampton Hospital. Schedule a free consultation with Dr. M. Allam to learn more.
Call (631) 726-0452 to plan a healthier lifestyle in 2013.