When Can I File My 2012 Tax Return?

The IRS has announced a delayed start to the 2012 tax filing season.

You'll have to wait a bit if you are accustomed to filing your annual tax return at the earliest possible date.

The Internal Revenue Service has revised its opening date for tax season — pushing it eight days to Jan. 30.

Most Southampton taxpayers should be able to file on that date though some revised forms may not be immediately available.

The tax filing deadline is Monday, April 15.

You can blame the delay on the federal "fiscal cliff" crisis and the new tax bill Congress passed. You can find more information in this Forbes article.

Electronic filing season was originally set to start on Jan. 22 this year.

As a result of the delay, nobody will get a refund in January, an H&R Block official told Financial Advisor.

Here are some local accountants who can help you file your 2012 tax return:

  • Shannon's Accounting & Tax Service
  • Sabel & Oplinger
  • Douglas L. Bormuth
  • Endurance Capital
  • H&R Block
  • Banducci Katz & Ferraris
  • Christine Reina Enterprises
  • A & A Williams
  • Jackson Hewitt


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »