The following information was supplied by the Southampton Village Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation and does not indicate convictions.
Southampton Village arrest reports for Sept. 11 through Sept. 17:
Driving Impaired by Drugs
• Louis A. Diozzini, 53, of New York City, was arrested Sept. 14 at 1:55 a.m. and charged with driving while ability impaired by drugs, a misdemeanor. Police said they responded to the call of a car crashing into a tree on Little Plains Road and, upon arrival, Diozzini was arrested. He was transported to Southampton Hospital where he was treated and released, then held for morning arraignment police said.
Driving While Intoxicated
• Isaias C. Vargas, 25, of Southampton, was arrested Sept. 16 at 4:39 a.m. and charged with DWI, a misdemeanor. Police responded to the scene of a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of Main Street and North Main Street of a car crashing into a tree. Vargas was treated at the scene and then processed and held for arraignment, police said.
• Ivan W. Leon-Vasquez, 30, of East Hampton was arrested Sept. 15 at 1:33 a.m. and charged with DWI, a felony due to the fact that he has a prior DWI, according to police, as well as aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle in the first degree, also a felony, and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle in the second degree and third degree, both misdemeanors. Police said they stopped Leon-Vasquezfor running a red light and crossing the double yellow lines several times while driving a 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse westbound on Hampton Road.
• Sean P. Dillon, 22, of Southampton, was arrested Sept. 13 at 1:10 a.m. and charged with aggravated DWI and petty larceny, both misdemeanors, and unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation. Police said they stopped Dillon for multiple vehicle and traffic violations while driving a 2000 Volkswagen eastbound on County Road 39. Just prior to being stopped, police received a complaint from 7-Eleven that Dillon stole a chicken Caesar wrap from the store, according to police.
• Hugo D. Tagliaferro, 29, of Southampton, was arrested Sept. 15 at 2:18 a.m. and charged with DWI, a misdemeanor. Police said they stopped Tagliaferro for making an illegal U-turn while driving a 2005 Ford Explorer southbound on Main Street. Tagliaferro refused to take a breath test, police added.