Editor's Note: The following information was supplied by the Southampton Town Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation and does not indicate convictions.
Southampton Town police arrest reports for east of the Shinnecock Canal through Jan. 27.
Driving While Intoxicated
• Jean M. Griffin, 39, of Hampton Bays, was arrested on Jan. 26 at 8:14 p.m. after a motor vehicle accident on Peconic Road and Montauk Highway in Shinnecock Hills. She was charged with DWI, a misdemeanor. According to police, the defendant was driving the wrong way on Montauk Highway in a 2005 Chrysler when she hit a pole. Police said Griffin had the odor of an alcoholic beverage on her breath, slurred speech and watery eyes, and she admitted to taking Xanax. She failed standard sobriety tests, according to police, and was arrested at Southampton Hospital and transported to police headquarters for arrest processing then held for arraignment.
• Allison B. Haring, 36 of Bridgehampton, was arrested on Jan. 25 at 8:44 p.m. on Montauk Highway in Bridgehampton and charged with aggravated harassment in the second degree, a misdemeanor. According to police, the defendant left a voicemail for another woman, stating that she was going to kill her and her family. The defendant was located at her residence and arrested.
• On Jan. 23 at 11:50 a.m., a security guard at the Bridgehampton King Kullen observed Michael S. Linghoffer taking property as he walked through the store, placing items in bags and then using the self check-out, where he paid for some items but not others, according to an arrest report. He was stopped after he walked out the front door. Southampton Town police arrested him at the scene and issued a field appearance ticket.
• After a security guard called police at 1:40 p.m. on Jan. 23, Alicia Farnam was arrested and charged with stealing groceries from the Bridgehampton King Kullen. According to police, Farnam took property without paying from the store. She was observed placing items in a reusable bag in her cart, according to the arrest report. A security guard followed her to the front door, where she walked out without paying, police said. Police arrested Farnam and issued a field appearance ticket.
Possession of Marijuana
• James Cherry, 25, of Shirley, was arrested on Jan. 26 at 5:10 p.m. on Scuttlehole Road and Meadow Court in Bridgehampton and charged with criminal possession of marijuana in the fourth degree, a misdemeanor, as well as having non-transparent side windows, an equipment violation. According to police, Cherry was stopped for excessive window tint. Upon approach, police said, there was a strong odor of marijuana emanating from the car. The arrest report states that a quantity of marijuana was recovered from the defendant and inside the driver's compartment of the vehicle. Cherry was arrested and transported to police headquarters.
For arrest reports from west of the Shinnecock Canal, visit Westhampton-Hampton Bays Patch.