The following information was supplied by the Southampton Village Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation and does not indicate guilt.• Nury D. Chavez, 37, of New York City, was arrested for driving with a license that had been suspended 20 times, police said. Police stopped Chavaez while
driving a 2001 Ford Escape for an alleged Vehicle and Traffic violation on Aug. 24 at approximately 10:50 a.m. A computer check revealed that his license was suspended and he was charged with felony aggravated unlicensed operation in the first degree charge. His SUV was seized as per the Suffolk County Vehicle Seizure Law.
• A 34-year-old Southampton man was arrested on drug related charges after a traffic stop revealed he had heroin and syringes on Aug. 20 at approximately 12:25 p.m. He was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance in the seventh degree and criminally possessing a hypodermic instrument, both misdemeanors.
• A 21-year-old Conneaut Lake, Penn., man was arrested and charged with criminal possession of a marijuana in the fifth degree, a misdemeanor, and unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation, on Aug. 22 at 12:41 a.m.
• A 20-year-old Whispering Pines, N.C., man was arrested and charged with criminal possession of a forged instrument in the third degree and false
personation, both misdemeanors, and public urination, a violation, on Aug. 22 at approximately 12:41 a.m.
• Vitaly Denis, 25, of Southampton, was arrested on a misdemeanor drunken driving charge on Aug. 22 at approximately 1:43 a.m. Police said Denis was driving a 2003 BMW on North Sea Road for multiple vehicle and traffic violations.
• Erin C. Hershey, 32, of New York City, was arrested on a charge of aggravated DWI, a misdemeanor, on Aug. 23 at about 1:30 a.m.
Police stopped Hershey while she was driving a 2012 BMW 328i on Hill Street for allegedly exceeding the posted speed limit.
• Bruno A. Pontes-Penafiel, 30, of Hampton Bays, was arrested and charged with DWI and aggravated unlicensed operations in the third degree, both
misdemeanors. Police stopped Pontes-Penafiel while driving a 2001 Chevrolet west on Nugent Street for failing to stop at a “red” traffic light, police said. He is being detained on an immigrations warrant, according to police.
• Edgard Gerena, 55, of Westport, C.T., was arrested and charged with DWI and aggravated unlicensed operations of a motor vehicle in the third degree, both misdemeanors, on Aug. 24 at approximately 11:33 p.m. Police stopped Gerena while driving a 2012 Audi A6 east on Hill Street for allegedly failing to maintain his lane of travel.
• Marques C. Johnson, 33, of Southampton, was arrested and charged with aggravated DWI, a misdemeanor on Aug. 25 at approximately 2:20 a.m. Police said they stopped Johnson, who was speeding in a 2009 Toyota while heading east on Hill Street, among several other vehicle and traffic violations.