Editor's Note: The following information was supplied by the Southampton Town Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation and does not indicate convictions.
Southampton Town police arrest reports for the east of the Shinnecock Canal for the week of Jan. 7 to Jan. 13:
Driving While Intoxicated
• Richard King, 52, of Shoreham, was charged with DWI, a misdemeanor, on Jan. 12 at 8 p.m. Police report they pulled King over on County Road 39 in Southampton after they observed him speeding and failing to maintain his lane. He was further charged with consuming an alcoholic beverage in a car, a vehicle and traffic infraction.
• Nicole Kefalas, 35, of Setauket, was arrested Jan. 12 at 2:30 a.m. and charged with DWI, a misdemeanor. Police said Kefalas was stopped on Turtle Pond Road in North Sea after she failed to maintain her lane. Police report she had glassy eyes and was unsteady on her feet.
• Rafael Marin, 42 of Bridgehampton, was charged with DWI, a misdemeanor, on Jan. 9 at 7 p.m. Police report they pulled Marin over on Montauk Highway in Hampton Bays for failing to signal and moving from a lane unsafely. He was also charged with driving an uninsured vehicle, being unlicensed and circumventing an interlock device.
• Evan Hopkins, 19, of Sag Harbor was charged on Jan 8 at 6 p.m. with driving while ability impaired by drugs, a misdemeanor, after he was stopped on Brick Kiln Road in Noyac for failure to stop at a stop sign. Police report he had a strong smell of marijuana on his breath.
• Cheryl Marks, 47, of Sayville, was charged with petty larceny, a misdemeanor, after police found she stole $22 worth of energy drinks and a pack of Marlboro cigarettes from aHess Station in Water Mill on Jan. 8 at 4 p.m., according to an arrest report. Police said after they were notified of the theft, they found her sitting in her car with a pillow and blankets, saying she ran out of gas and was waiting for someone to get her.
• Lilia Tubatan, 48, of East Hampton was charged on Jan. 7 at 1 p.m. with petty larceny, a misdemeanor, after police learned she stole various items from the King Kullen in Bridgehampton, according to an arrest report. Police said she left the store with a cart full of items that totaled $92.
For reports west of the canal, visit Westhampton-Hampton Bays Patch.