• Travon E. Pettaway, 20, of Southampton, was arrested Sept. 9 for allegedly throwing a cobblestone brick through the windshield and driver's side window of a 2013 Mercedes ML 350 while a woman was sitting in it on Windward Way on Aug. 30 at about 10 p.m., according to police. The victim called 911 and also said Pettaway had punched her in the stomach and smashed her iPad. When he was arrested on Sept. 9, he was charged with third-degree criminal mischief a felony, reckless endangerment in the second degree and menacing in the third degree, both misdemeanors, as well as harassment in the second degree, a violation.
Stopped, Fled, Then Stopped Again
• A 49-year-old Hampton Bays woman was arrested on charges of unlawfully fleeing a police officer, resisting arrest, reckless driving, and third-degree aggravated unlicensed operations of a motor vehicle, all misdemeanors, on Aug. 31 at about 1:50 a.m. Police pulled her over on Hampton Road when she became "verbally abusive" and would not provide officers with information. She then drove off "in a reckless manner" and then stopped on Elm Street. Police said she had to be removed from her car. She was also charged with disorderly conduct, a violation.
• Monika Kosa, 38, of New York City, was arrested on a drunken driving charge after speeding in a 2013 Maserati GTU on County Road 39 on Sept. 1 at about 4 a.m., police said. Kosa's car was going 60 mph in a 35 mph zone, according to police. She was found to be intoxicated, they said, and was charged with misdemeanor DWI.
• David Scott Twiford, 57, of Palm Bay, Fla., was arrested on a misdemeanor DWI charge after he reportedly didn't stop at a stop sign on North Main Street in his 2013 Jeep Wrangler on Sept. 12 at about 12:40 a.m. He was also charged with a village code violation of urinating in public.
• Jessica E. Twiggs, 28, of Hampton Bays, was stopped on Hill Street due to a headlight being out on her 2012 Hyundai Accent when police found she was driving drunk on Sept. 14 at about 1 a.m., they said. She was charged with misdemeanor DWI.
• Wilson E. Chicaiza, 44, of Riverhead, was arrested and charged with DWI, a misdemeanor, after police stopped him on Main Street for multiple traffic violations on Sept. 7 at about 3:10 a.m. He was driving a 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt.
Cocaine Allegedly Found
• Samantha Petie-Judge, 43, of Ronkonkoma, was arrested on a drunken driving charge on Aug. 31 at about 6:05 p.m. Police said they received a 911 call about a 2005 BMW X5 driving erratically on Hill Street. Police saw the BMW speeding and not maintaining its lane of travel, they said. She was pulled over and they also found she was involved in a hit-and-run accident involving another vehicle in Hampton Bays. They asked her about the accident and she reportedly said, "I didn’t think it was anything, so I left." She was charged misdemeanor DWI. No word on if there were charges in Southampton Town police's jurisdiction.
• Valentin E. Hernandez, 60, of New York City, was arrested and charged with misdemeanor DWI on Sept. 1 at about 12:15 a.m. Hernandez was driving a 2014 Porsche Cayenne west on County Road 39 and stopped because he was allegedly driving in an unsafe manner with too many passengers and the rear hatch was open.
• Edward Salvatore Campanella, 53, of Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., was arrested on a misdemeanor DWI charge on Sept. 1 at about 2:15 a.m. Police stopped him in a 2011 Cadillac Escalade while he was driving west on Railroad
Plaza after he allegedly failed to adhere to a stop sign.
• Spencer Zakarin, 24, of New York City, was also arrested on a misdemeanor DWI charge on Sept. 1 at about 3:40 a.m. Police stopped him in a 2009 Jeep Wrangler while he was driving west on Ox Pasture Road. They said he wasn't maintaining his lane of travel and kept hitting the curb.
• A 52-year-old Southampton man was arrested on a drug charge after police said they found a small amount of cocaine on him. He was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance in the seventh-degree, a misdemeanor. He posted $260 bail and was released.
Cops Say He Resisted
• A 53-year-old Calverton Hills man was arrested on a resisting arrest charge, a misdemeanor, on Sept. 1 at about 11 a.m. He was also charged with disorderly conduct, a violation, and having an open alcoholic beverage in public, a violation of the Village Code. No further information was available.