After 911 dispatchers received multiple calls of flames seen across Lake Agawam in Southampton Village, fire chiefs located a pool house, on a historic First Neck Lane property, fully engulfed in flames on Wednesday evening.
The Southampton Fire Department was called out just after 5 p.m., and firefighters searched the area on the south end of Lake Agawam for the fire.
The pool house at 472 First Neck Lane was discovered fully involved by fire. At least two engines responded, along with the Southampton Village Volunteer Ambulance, as temperatures dropped.
The property at 472 First Neck Lane is known as "Mocomanto," and the main house is a traditional Victorian, circa 1882.