.

Reported Gas Leak Evacuates Southampton Bank Briefly

A generator being used outside was to blame, fire chief says.

Chase Bank on Main Street in Southampton Village Credit: Google Map
Chase Bank on Main Street in Southampton Village Credit: Google Map
On Monday afternoon, Southampton firefighter were called to a report of a gas leak at Chase Bank on Main Street in Southampton Village. 

Second Assistant Chief Chris Brenner said Chief Dennis Roy and other first responding officers found a slight odor of exhaust in the basement after the 2:12 p.m. call. 

A contractor was using a generator outside and the odor of gas was seeping into the bank, Brenner said. The fire department did not find any carbon monoxide and bank employees and customers were allowed back into the building 20 minutes later. 

The contractor was advised to move the generator.
Brendan Byrne - The East End Broker November 25, 2013 at 04:51 PM
The customers must have been fuming.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something