• A 47-year-old Medford man was arrested after an argument over a parking space in the 7-Eleven parking lot on North Sea Road on July 17. The man, who is an employee at the convenience store, allegedly spit on the other man, menaced him with a knife and then broke off the side-view mirror on a 1996 Chevrolet. No one was injured. He was charged with criminal mischief in the fourth-degree, menacing in the second-degree, and criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth-degree, all misdemeanors, at about 6:40 p.m. He posted $250 bail and was released with an appearance ticket.
Police Say Defendant Carried a Lock Pick
• A 20-year-old Southampton man was arrested after he was allegedly found with lock picking tools on July 17. According to police, they received a 911 call at about 3:30 p.m. from a business owner who returned to his shop at 290 North Sea Road to find a man leaving the building, which was closed for business at the time. He fled on his bicycle, but was apprehended a short time later at the intersection of North Main Street and County Road 39. Police charged him with criminal trespass in the third degree and possession of burglars tools, both misdemeanors, at about 4 p.m. He was released with an appearance ticket.
Road Rage Leads To DWI
• Ronald G. Morvillo, 65, of Levittown, was arrested on a misdemeanor driving while intoxicated charge following a "road rage" incident on Hampton Road on July 18, police said. Police tried to stop the vehicles reportedly involved, and, as Morvillo pulled over his 2006 Ford he hit another vehicle twice. Police said Morvillo had two open containers of 24-ounce Steel Reserve beer in his vehicle. He was charged at about 6 p.m.
• A 31-year-old man from Shirley was arrested on drug charges on July 19 at about 11:10 a.m. Police said he was driving in Southampton — they did not indicate exactly where — when he was stopped and found to be in possession of hydrocodone pills and a small quantity of marijuana. He was also allegedly driving with a suspended license. Charged with two counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance in the seventh degree and aggravated unlicensed operations in the third degree, all misdemeanors, and unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation. His vehicle was also seized.
• A 20-year-old from Patchogue was also arrested on a charge of criminal possession of a controlled substance in the seventh degree and aggravated unlicensed operations in the third degree, both misdemeanors, on July 22 at about 8:10 a.m. No further information was available.