.

Man Taken to Hospital After Chair Catches Fire

Firefighters respond to home in Shinnecock Hills.

Firefighters believe a lit cigarette caused a armchair to catch fire in a Shinnecock Hills home Thursday afternoon, filling the house with smoke.

The fire at 82 St. Andrews Circle was reported shortly before 2:30 p.m.  Second Assistant Chief Chris Brenner said the fire was out when firefighters arrived, and no one's life was threatened, but the man was taken to Southampton Hospital via Southampton Volunteer Ambulance as a precaution, due to possible smoke inhalation.

Firefighters took the armchair and articles of clothing that had burned out of the home and laid them on the lawn.

Besides smoke damage, there was no additional damage to the home, Brenner said.

Chief Dennis Roy was in charge of the scene. Southampton Town fire marshals are investigating the fire, Brenner said.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »