Southampton Town police released the following incident reports for the week of Nov. 4.
- Someone broke into a home on Millstone Lane sometime between Oct. 24 and 30 and stole a 37-inch JVC television. According to police, they received a call on Oct. 31 at around 4:45 after the victim discovered that someone had gotten into the house through a kitchen window. The victim had no alarm or video surveillance and police are continuing the investigation. Meanwhile another resident on Millstone called 911 on the same day at around 5:45 to report that his Yamaha 15 hp steel boat had been stolen from where he had it on a trailer at a right of way intersection across the street from his house. The victim in this case believed the boat to have been stolen sometime around Oct. 25.
- Police are investigating a series of break-ins on Far Pond Road. According to police, they received a call from one victim at around 4 p.m. on Oct. 28, stating that the glass to a rear sliding door was broken and that his basement door was also broken and copper piping was removed from the basement. When police canvassed the neighborhood they discovered copper piping was also stolen from a house next door and water was pouring into the basement. Police then discovered that the home adjacent to that one had a broken rear window. The owner of that house was contacted and will itemize all that might have been stolen, which included a television of undetermined value.
- A man called 911 on Oct. 28 after he was involved in a car accident in Southampton in which the other vehicle sped off without exchanging information. The victim was attempting to make a left at the intersection of Ridge Road and Montauk Highway when he struck another vehicle at about 7:30 a.m. The vehicle never stopped and driver was unable to get a description.
- Police responded to a violent confrontation between neighbors on North Sea-Mecox Road on Nov. 2. One neighbor called 911 to report that around 3:40 p.m. she had entered her neighbor’s property to fetch her small dog when that neighbor came out and confronted her for being on the property, police said. The complainant said she turned to walk away when she was kicked in the back of the leg by the irate neighbor. The complainant said she turned back and shoved the woman away from her. That’s when the neighbor struck the complainant across the neck with an open hand, leaving a red mark. The complainant has requested police press charges on a harassment violation and she was instructed to file a formal complaint at police headquarters.
- Someone broke into a house on Noyac Road sometime over the last month and stole around $100 in liquor and household items. The owner called police around 2:30 on Oct. 26 to report the theft, which may have occurred sometime between Sept. 29 and Oct. 24. Stolen was bottled liquor including Jack Daniels, Bacardi Rum, Jose Cuervo tequila and Absolut vodka. Also stolen was a jar of assorted change and a battery-powered rechargeable flashlight.
- An employee at the Kmart in Bridgehampton reported that a woman had shoplifted assorted makeup and other items from the store on Oct. 25 at around 12 noon. The woman stole a greeting card, acne treatment, Maybelline and L’Oreal makeup, and Revlon nail polish, all totaling around $47 in value, police said.