• Irfan Verjee, 38, of Water Mill, crashed a 2006 Ferrari into a tree on Scuttlehole Road, near Narrow Lane, in Water Mill on Oct. 9 at about 4:50 p.m., and was arrested on a drunken driving charge. He went through a stop sign before hitting the tree, police said. He reportedly told police, “I have 600 horsepower and there is no traction when the tires are cold.” Police said he appeared drunk and he was charged with aggravated DWI, a misdemeanor. Police also said that after he was involved in the accident, he got out of his car and became involved in an argument with another man and the man struck him in the mouth. No charges were filed against the man.
• A 22-year-old Montauk man was arrested after he allegedly stole items from Kmart in Bridgehampton. Police said he took $34.73 in goods on Oct. 12. He was apprehended by a Kmart security officer and charged with petty larceny at 9:40 p.m.
• A 57-year-old East Hampton man was arrested on a misdemeanor criminal contempt charge in the second degree after he texted a man he was ordered by the court not to contact on Sept. 12 and 13, and then trespassed on his Sagaponack property on Oct. 7. Police arrested him on Oct. 11 at 8:45 a.m.
• Brendan Regan, 29, of Sagaponack, was arrested on a drunken driving charge in Sagaponack on Oct. 12 at about 9:40 p.m. Police said he was driving north on Sagg Road, when he moved unsafely from his lane. He was pulled over near Northwest Path. Police said he did poorly on field sobriety tests and was charged with misdemeanor DWI and four traffic infractions, including following too closely and speeding.
• Michael Patrick Posanti, 45, of Shirley, was
arrested on a misdemeanor DWI charge on Country Road 39, near Shrubland Road,
on Oct. 7 at about 9:30 p.m. Police stopped him for failing to maintain a
single lane of travel, while driving west, at about 9:10 p.m. Police said he
appeared intoxicated. He was also charged with a traffic infraction.