1. Become a Parent Advocate: Child Care Council of Suffolk Recruiting Now
The Parent leadership Initiative invites community members to become leaders and get more involved their neighborhoods and schools.
2. IRS Plans Jan. 30 Tax Season Opening For 1040 Filers
Dianne Besunder wrote that the IRS announced that the vast majority of tax filers — more than 120 million households — should be able to start filing tax returns starting Jan 30.
3. 5 Ways to Find Hidden Money by Getting Organized
Cynthia Braun, a professional organizer, provided organizational tips and says that getting organized can save you money.
4. East End Gasoline Prediction by the #1 East End Gas Expert
T.J. Clemente discusses gas prices on the East End.
5. The Wickham Murders of 1854
Kerriann Flanagan Brosky, a historian, gives and account of the 1854 murders in Cutchogue that she says was one of the most horrifying on the East End.
If you are interested in blogging on Patch, email firstname.lastname@example.org.