Recently, we asked our readers on Facebook where the best places to pick pumpkins are. The following is a round-up of readers recommendations on where to get the best pumpkins on the South Fork. And if you have a recommendation, feel free to add to the conversation by posting a comment below.
Kerri Gilbride: Hank's Pumpkin Town, Watermill
JoAnna Chylinski-Mincarelli: Waldbaums. Got some really awesome ones.
Laura Cresté: The Milk Pail
Ashley Elizabeth Lisa & Bill's farm in Wainscott
And if you are planning to pick pumpkins on the North Fork, here are some recommendations from our North Fork Patch readers:
- Jody Visek Love Helen's! A must visit every year!
- Gabrielle Bradford Helens Farm In Aquebogue gets my vote. They also have a super fun corn maze, wagon rides, bouncy house and super slide thingy, at prices way below some of the commercial farms on the North Fork.
- Valerie DeFio Love Helens Flower Farm in Aquebogue
- Anthony Chiaramonte Stakeys
- Terri Troise Nirrengarten Windy Acres
- Ellen Ahders Lewins or Stakeys
- Jeanette Fink Finks Country Farm ....festival and pumpkin picking every weekend in October.
- Doug Wald Schmidt's
- Rick Martinez Anywhere in Calverton