Whether it's raising money for a girl with Cerebral Palsy or accumulating funds for a dog's surgery, there have been a number of Go Fund Me campaigns started for those in need.
Here's a look at some featured stories throughout Long Island:
- Help Girl with Cerebral Palsy in Medford Campaign: Helping a girl with cerebral palsy is the goal of a Medford GoFundMe campaign. Felicity and her twin brother Ryan were born premature, with Felicity only weighing 1 pound 14 ounces, the campaign writes.
- Seeking Donations to Help Pay for Dog's Surgery: Harley is a 2-year-old French Bulldog diagnosed with a herniated disc in her back. Her owners are seeking donations to help fund the pup's surgery.
- Parents Create GoFundMe Page to Raise Money for Son's Education: Darlene Riccardi-Giarratano has created a fundraising page in hopes to enable her son, Jack, to continue his education at Long Island Lutheran High School.
- Person Turns to GoFundMe to Help a Friend in Need: Tracey Anne, from Stony Brook, has been trying to raise money for one of her friends Joe. Anne said that he caught a bad infection that led to surgical problems, a leg amputation, and an extreme amount of medical bills. Anne said she is hoping to raise at least $1000 but would take any donation.
- Local GoFundMe Campaign Starts for Puppy Mill Survivors: Save-A-Pet-Animal Rescue and Adoption said people are forgetting that when you purchase an animal from a pet store it might have come from a puppy mill, where they are treated horribly.