on Main Street in Sag Harbor, more than a century old, is undergoing a $9.9 million construction project for exterior stabilization, restoration and a 7,200-square-foot expansion, doubling the library's floorspace.
Sag Harbor's greatest benefactor, Mrs. Russell Sage, commissioned the building in 1910 in memory of her grandfather, Major John Jermain. It a historic landmark and is listed on the state and National Registers of Historic Places.
The renovation is expected to be complete in June. During the project, library services are being housed in a temporary facility at 34 West Water Street.