These buildings featured on Southampton Patch in 2012 remain vacant. Click the headlines for more information on each, and to offer your ideas to breathe new life into these properties.
Located at 16 Windmill Ln. in Southampton Village, the storefront that most recently housed catering business Thyme & Again is starting to become overrun by vines. In fact, the village has declared the building uninhabitable until some major work is done to it, according to the real estate broker, Morley Quatroche Jr. of The Morley Agency.
New Vision for Former Post Office?
The Southampton Village Post Office moved from Nugent Street to a new facility on North Sea Road in 2009, and the former post office has remained vacant since then. According to a listing with Showcase.com, the building was erected in 1978. It is 6,748 square feet on just short of half an acre, and for sale at $6 million.
Windmill Lane's Rhodes House
It's one of the oldest buildings still standing in Southampton Village. It was targeted to be condemned in 2012, but the owner spruced up the place and slapped on some paint to clean up the eyesore.
Doscher House Could Be Razed
Since the Southampton Town Community Preservation Fund was used nearly seven years ago to purchase the Doscher property next to Agawam Park in Southampton Village, the historic building and the land it sits on has lain dormant, and now Mayor Mark Epley says the building has become such a public health risk that it needs to come down.
No Congregation for Historic Noyac Church
A 1920 era church in Noyac has seen many better Sundays in its history, but these days it's little more than a roadside emblem of forgotten local history.
Fate of Former Long Island Auto Museum?
The site of the former Long Island Automotive Museum on Sebonac Road in Tuckahoe has become overgrown and rundown since closing in 1980, but the massive garage that housed early motor vehicles still stands in 2012.
Future Unclear for Museum's White House
The Capt. George White house, a circa-1850 Greek revival at 159 Main Street in Southampton Village, came into the hands of the Southampton Historical Museum in 2008 and is on the market.