Nearly every east-of-the-canal restaurant in town can be found in Southampton Patch's Places directory. It is a great resource to look up the phone number or hours of a restaurant you've already picked out, or to browse around for the right restaurant to fit your cravings.
To make the directory even more useful for finding exactly what you're looking for, readers can rate and review restaurants. Here are five local restaurants awaiting your review.
1. , located behind the 71 Hill Street complex by Jobs and Windmill Lanes in Southampton Village, has received excellent reviews from The New York Times, Zagat and Newsday, is known for its wine dinners. On Sundays, customers can bring their own wine without paying a corkage fee. The restaurant also offers classes led by its chef, Doug Gulija.
2. is a quaint roadside eatery on the Bridgehampton-Sag Harbor Turnpike with a coffee shop atmosphere. It is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and features American cuisine with a Mexican flare. Breakfast options include burritos, pancakes, waffles, eggs, wraps and fresh fruit. For dinner, chicken, steak and seafood selections are offered, as well as a variety of appetizers, soups, salads, pastas, side dishes and desserts.
3. is a French bistro that opened in 2000, decorated in the spirit of a St. Barth's bistro. Owner Pierre Weber is a fifth-generation pastry chef. The restaurant is open for continental breakfast, lunch and dinner year round.
4. is a chain of steakhouses. Bridgehampton is home to the restaurant’s original location, and is known for its famous regulars, such as Truman Capote. Bobby Van's features full lunch and dinner menus with dishes such as oysters, crab cakes, filet mignon, salads, lamb chops and Chilean sea bass. The restaurant also features a full bar.
5. Located at The Southampton Inn, central to the village on Hill Street is . This restaurant offers modern American fare, which is also served al fresco or poolside in the summer. Guests at the Inn can enjoy breakfast in the restaurant, consisting of fresh baked goods and freshly squeezed juices with local ingredients. During the winter, the restaurant offers a variety of holiday dinners and events.