If you are venturing out on Christmas Day, there are a few spots you can count on to pick up essentials. Or, once the gifts are all unwrapped, head out of the house for some family fun.
1. If you've been hit with a Christmas cold you can stop it in its tracks. will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Christmas Day. The pharmacy is open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
2. Can't get anywhere without your caffiene fix? is open, so grab a coffee and a few donuts on your way out to visit friends or family. Dunkin' Donuts will be open from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m.
3. Why not take the whole family out to the movies? is open Christmas Day. Check their website or call for show times.
4. Suddenly run out of milk? Stop in at 7-Eleven at 10 County Road 39 in Southampton. The convenience store is open 24 hours, all year long. This can be a real help in a pinch, especially on a day when all the supermarkets are closed.
5. If you are heading out for a drive, you can fill up on gas and pick up any essentials at the On the Run Mobil Gas Station located at 13 County Road 39 in Southampton.
6. Prefer to watch a movie at home? in Water Mill is open. The hours will most likely be from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. — but be sure to call ahead.
7. Had enough of traditional Christmas fare and want to hunker down in front of the TV? Go down to on Hampton Road in Southampton and get some take out. They are open from noon to 9 p.m. on Christmas Day.
8. is open for some family fun. Just call ahead to check the hours, or better yet visit their website and make a reservation.
9. It doesn't seem hard to get a good cup of coffee on Christmas Day. at 2488 Montauk Highway in Bridgehampton is serving their speciality coffees from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Why not stop in with a few friends for a Christmas chat?
10. Finally, if you miss Rite Aid's open hours and need a medication in a rush, in Riverhead, including its pharmacy, will be open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.