Whether you are looking for a small token, like a bag of fine coffee, or a bigger present, like a gift basket full of gourmet treats, you can find it at these 10 places around Southampton.
• Pick up a box of artisinal cupcakes from Water Mill Cupcake Company at the Water Mill Commons.
• For gift baskets and a wide selection of domestic and international artisinal cheeses, The Village Gourmet Cheese Shoppe in Southampton Village is the place to go.
• Head to Catena's Market in Southampton Village for a gourmet gift basket and a variety of made-on-Long Island products. What hostess wouldn't appreciate a jar of jam made just a few miles away?
• Pick up a bag of 100 percent organic coffee beans from Thunder Island Coffee Shop on Montauk Highway, at the Shinnecock Indian Reservation. Its signature organic coffees can be shipped all over the country.
• For the coffee lover on your list, there is also a fantastic selection of gift baskets at the Hampton Coffee Company in Water Mill, featuring their freshly-roasted estate grown coffees, mugs to match and lots more.
• Bring the fresh taste of the sea to your next gathering. Carry away a dozen oysters, a pair of lobsters, clams on the half shell or a shrimp cocktail platter from Schmidt's Seafood Market in North Sea. You can also call ahead so you don't have to wait: 631-283-4368.
• No, it's not just a restaurant. La Parmigiana has an Italian specialty deli right next door. Pick up a cranberry panettone, a case of water straight from Italy or another of their wide selection of gourmet treats — and you'll have your hosts saying grazie in no time.
• Citarella in Bridgehampton is the gourmet market for truffles, foie gras, prime meats, cheeses, raviolis and pastas, just to mention a smattering. For a gift that will say "truly delicious," you'll find these and a thousand other delights at 2209 Montauk Highway as well as locations in East Hampton and New York City.
• Pick up a jar of Sean's famous salsa at Sean's Place in Southampton. Your host or hostess will surely appreciate the zing it brings to their holiday gathering.
• Have friends who are already gourmets themselves? A gift or gift certificate from Williams-Sonoma in Bridgehampton will bring "comfort and joy" even after the holiday season is past.
Also be sure to check out:
- 10 Places to Buy Wine for Holiday Parties
- 10 Places to Pick Up Stocking Stuffers in Southampton
- 10 Places to Buy a Red Tie Around Southampton
- 10 Places to Buy Electronics for Holiday Gifts
- 10 Places to Outfit Men for a Holiday Party
- 10 Local Businesses That Will Cater Your Holiday Party
- 10 Places to Buy Holiday Decorations
- 15 Places to Buy a Christmas Tree