If you feel like you're starting the New Year off with plenty of good intentions, don't let them go to waste. Jump right in and do something about it. Whether you want to walk on a treadmill, get some deep relaxation with yoga or finally find out what Pilates is, whatever your desire or budget, you'll be sure to find a place to get your New Year off to a healthy start.
1. is not just for kids. If you aren't familiar with SYS yet, 2011 is the perfect time to check it out. With reasonably priced memberships, a weight room, squash courts, basketball courts, an indoor track and a wide range of activities and fitness classes for adults as well as classes, camps and activities for children, you are sure to find a way to get yourself and your family motivated and fit.
2. Looking for a full fitness assessment, private personal training, in-home training or bootcamp classes? Contact . JT's has two fantastic studios right on Main Street in Southampton.
3. Yoga is the ideal way to get fit both mentally and physically — a true holistic workout. Start out 2011 on the right mat, and visit . Ananda has a wide variety of classes and times, so you are sure to find something that fits your busy schedule.
4. If Pilates is your game, contact the Symmetry Studio at 631-204-0122 for an appointment. Offering instruction in authentic Pilates, Symmetry is open seven days a week, located at 395 County Road 39 A in Southampton.
5. The name says it all. is not just a gym - it embodies the culture of being fit. Radu is fully equipped with a weight room, basketball courts, a cardio center and much more. They also offer wide variety of classes.
6. The has three locations including , and . They have an extensive offering of classes ranging from "Ropes Gone Wild" to "Gentle Yoga" as well as excellent fitness equipment in spacious locales.
7. At , personalized fitness, including individualized training, will have you on you way to looking and feeling great. They also offer classes including yoga, spin and Pilates.
8. For small group classes, private or semi-private training, visit the unique fitness environment created by owner Jim O'Hagan at Core Dynamics at 58 Deerfield Road in Water Mill. Classes include Pilates mat, indoor cycling, strength and conditioning, yoga and flexibility. Get in touch at 631-726-6049 for more information.
9. For something to warm you up and get you in shape, try Hamptons Hot Yoga in Bridgehampton. Offering classes in Bikram Hot Yoga, the studio is located at 2415 Montauk Hwy in Bridgehampton. Call 631-537-YOGA for more information.
10. If you are looking for a reasonably priced fitness club, try in Hampton Bays. The gym is famous for being a "Judgment Free Zone," so it may be the perfect spot to get your New Year's resolution off the ground.