Really surprise those on your gift list this holiday season with a present they didn't know they wanted. Here are 10 places around town, in no particular order, to pick out an unconventional gift.
1. What do you get for the person who has everything? Fix up something she already has. Bring a rundown antique to at , located just behind 224 North Main Street in a 200-year-old barn. Hardcastle repairs furniture and specializes in antiques, which he repairs and restores. The business, originally begun in Bridgehampton 30 years ago, has been in this Southampton barn since 2001.
2. Do you have a friend who loves his or her dog more than anything? Or do you want to get a stocking stuffer for your own pet? offers a number of items specially created for man's (or woman's) best friend. Special clothing, designer leashes, and gourmet treats are just some of the items featured in this shop.
3. Dress up the bathroom or dining room with a high-end and artsy lighting fixture from . REVCO has a showroom on County Road 39A full of fixtures to choose from.
4. in Bridgehampton is known for the mouthwatering creations in its foodstore. Did you know they also have a cooking school? Offer a gift certificate to your gourmet-minded friend or spouse — you can go together — whether for a cooking class or for an overnight at the , including breakfast and cooking classes for two. Call 631-537-3660 for more information.
5. Shopping downtown Southampton? Stop in at and surprise your partner or spouse with a comfy new mattress this Christmas. Sleepy's isn't just about mattresses — they also have a nice selection of luxury sheets, mattress protectors and comfort pillows.
6. It is amazing to have such a collection of designer purses under one roof — that's what makes a visit to the on Hampton Road in Southampton Village a unique gift buying experience. Once you step inside — you will be reassured by all the classics — try one in red or green: Versace, Prada, Fendi, Hermès, Chanel, Dior, Gucci or Louis Vuitton. Too hard to choose? Gift certificates are also available.
7. A beautiful choice of eclectic gifts with a purse pleasing price-range can be found at the . Jewelry, books, prints, children's gifts — you will definitely find something out of the ordinary for those on your holiday list. Check our directory listing for the Parrish; there's a great selection of photos of the gift shop.
8. Yes, a unique gift can definitely be exotic. Offer a gorgeous handmade rug from Morocco. at on Hampton Road in Southampton has an amazing selection. Each rug is unique, with a variety of sizes, colors, and prices available. Call 631-259-3837 for opening hours and more information.
9. New York City isn't as far away as Morocco — but sometimes it feels that way. Getting there hassle free would make a great gift. Give a pack of passes to the commuter on your gift list. They will smile all the way to the City this New Year. Call 631-283-4600 to order one of their value packs or gift cards.
10. Have a student on your gift list? Go to in Southampton Village and create a bouquet of colorful highlighters and Post-its. They'll make a most welcome stocking stuffer to get the new semester started off right.