The whirlwind of social activity during this holiday season may already have you scrambling for gift ideas. Why not add to the gourmet spirit with a something you can all enjoy?
1. For those with a sweet tooth, try the award winning cookie selection, cakes, and gift baskets at . Stop in the shop to pick up a cake or select cookies and grab a coffee at the same time to perk you up during holiday shopping. Or order a special holiday gift basket on Tate's website.
2. Coffee lover on your list? A fantastic selection of gift baskets awaits you at the in Water Mill, featuring their freshly-roasted estate grown coffees, mugs to match and lots more. Stop in at 869 Montauk Hwy or call 631-726-COFE for additional information.
3. Breaking bread with friends is one of those perfect holiday moments. The Blue Duck Bakery and Café has been baking artisan breads since 1999. That's not all - offer one of their cakes, cookies, pies and pastries to finish off any meal in style. The Blue Duck is located on both Forks, in Southampton and Southold.
4. Bring the fresh taste of the sea to your next gathering. Carry away a dozen oysters, a pair of lobsters, clams on the half shell or a shrimp cocktail platter from at 1282 North Sea Rd in Southampton. You can also call ahead so you don't have to wait: 631-283-4368.
5. No, it's not just a restaurant. has an Italian specialty deli right next door. Pick up a cranberry panettone, a case of water straight from Italy or another of their wide selection of gourmet treats — and you'll have your hosts saying "Grazie" in no time. Find it all at 48 Hampton Rd in Southampton Village.
6. in Bridgehampton is the gourmet market for truffles, foie gras, prime meats, cheeses, raviolis and pastas, just to mention a smattering. For a gift that will say "truly delicious," you'll find these and a thousand other delights at 2209 Montauk Hwy as well as locations in East Hampton and New York City.
7. Pick up a jar of Sean's famous salsa at Sean's Place at 54 Hampton Road in Southampton. Your host or hostess will surely appreciate the zing it brings to their holiday gathering.
8. Have friends who are already gourmets themselves? A gift or gift certificate from in Bridgehampton will bring "comfort and joy" even after the holiday season is past.
9. Visiting friends who have kids this holiday season? Look for the icing pink sign, and step inside the at the Water Mill Shoppes, 760 Montauk Hwy. Pick up a dozen of their homemade cupcakes with buttercream frosting made from family recipes and you will surely hear a resounding "yum."
10. If you are really into homemade, why not bake some cookies or prepare a tasty quiche yourself? Just pick up a cookbook at at one of their locations in Southampton or and you'll be on your way.