There is no need to venture west of the canal to find top-of-the-line electronics to cross off your holiday shopping list. From iPods and cameras to home audio and video entertainment systems, these local shops can hook you up.
1. East End Audio/Video on County Road 39 is a specialty shop offering superior video and audio equipment for the home. Services include theater rooms, motorized shade, phone/networking, surveillance systems, custom audio/video and total home control. The professional and skilled design and programming team will work with you to ensure you get just what you are looking for.
2. Crescendo Experience Center on County Road 39 offers a variety of services designed to help you run your home from your fingertips. The company helps homeowners integrate their audio and video home entertainment systems as well as the lighting, security, networking and pool systems. These products can also help homeowners control their homes from their laptop or iPhone. Another specialty of the company is to allow these systems to be controlled with wireless, tabletop, in-wall or handheld controls.
3. P.C. Richard & Son in Southampton is lined with televisions, sound systems and anything you can imagine for the best entertainment. Head there if you are not sure what you want to get yet and want to see your options. The staff will help you find the best gift.
4. Go Wireless-Verizon Wireless in Bridgehampton has the latest smartphones, cellphones and accessories so if you want your loved ones to jump for joy get them the latest smartphone and accessories.
5. If you want a customized laptop, desktop or iPod for a more personalized gift use East End Computers in Sag Harbor. They will to there best to help create the exact computer or iPod you want to give.
6. If you want excellent customer service when picking out an electronic go to Radio Shack in Bridgehampton or in Southampton Village. They have the typical stereos, headphones, cellphones and GPS devices but they also have gadgets you can play with such as remote control cars.
7. Hampton Photo Arts in Bridgehampton has a variety of cameras and accessories so if you know someone on your gift list has a photographic eye, carefully select a camera that’s the best fit.
8. Home theaters are a whole new level of entertainment. If you want to surprise your family by setting up a home theater in your living room go to the professionals in that field, Sensoryphile in Water Mill.
9. Has your daughter been talking about getting an iPad for a year now? GeekHampton in Sag Harbor is the East End supplier of Apple products, so get an iPod, MacBook or iPad for your loved one.
10. Have an artsy friend? Get a camera or camera accessories from Morris Studio in Southampton Village.