When you live on the East End, don't have to go far to have a luxurious getaway.
Surprise your significant other for Valentine's Day by hiring a babysitter and booking a room at a local bed and breakfast, inn or hotel. Take advantage of rates you can only find in the winter.
• The 1708 House, a historic bed and breakfast in the heart of Southampton Village, is a beautiful spot to spend a romantic night or weekend with your Valentine. Get in touch by calling 631-287-1708 to make your reservation.
• At the Sag Harbor Inn indulge your passion for wine and share it with the one you love on Valentine's Day. Get a room with a view and reserve chauffeured transportation to Hamptons vineyards Wolffer Estate, Channing Daughters and Duck Walk for wine tastings. Call to 631-725-2949 x 150 to make your reservation.
• The Pondview on Deerfield Road is a quaint bed and breakfast nestled in the rustic backwoods of Water Mill. This Hamptons hidden gem offers private bedrooms in the main guest house, with shared common areas for dining and casual lounging. While this B&B will close for the month on Feb. 15, you can still book a room during the first half of February. Ask for the $125 reduced rate for Valentines. Call 631-726-7226.
• At A Butler's Manor in Southampton, owned and operated by the husband-and-wife team of Christopher and Kimberly Allen, breakfast is served on fine china in the dining room prepared by cookbook author Mrs. Allen. The building has been restored beautifully and dates back to 1860. Mr. Allen has had years of experience as a butler, and his experience is evident in the concierge services available. It is the perfect spot for a quiet and luxurious Valentine's Day.
• On Valentine's Day, and all February long, Southampton Inn is offering a "Sweetheart Special" — $149 for one night, and $100 for each additional night, excluding tax and gratuity. For reservations, call 631-283-6500.
• They say the way to both a man and a woman's heart is through their stomach (it all depends on who's doing the talking). Why not get away to the Bridgehampton Inn for a romantic Valentine's Day Weekend and indulge in some cooking classes for two at the same time? Contact them at 631-537-3660 for more details and availability.
• The Nearshore Bed & Breakfast on Inlet Road in Southampton offers all the amenities and privacy of home, but you don't have to make your own bed — or breakfast. Stay a night with your significant other to celebrate Valentine's Day without any hassle. Call 31-287-6156 for reservations.
• Did you know there's a lovely luxury inn right on the pond in East Hampton? Cuddle up with the one you love in one of the fantastic rooms at The Hedges Inn. Call today before all the king rooms get snatched up — you can reach them at 631-324-7101.
• What could be more perfect as a getaway than going right to the tip of Long Island to Gurney's Inn Resort and Spa in Montauk? They have plenty planned for Valentine's Day including a Lovers' Package starting for $325 with a romantic dinner for two, ocean-view rooms, access to the seawater spa, and luxurious in-room amenities. Call 631-668-2345 for more information and reservations.
• Pamper yourselves with a visit to c/o The Maidstone in East Hampton and indulge in a spa retreat or simply cuddle up with your sweetheart in one of their extra special rooms. They have four room categories: "Divine, Magnificent, Fabulous, and Cozy." All sound like the perfect setting for a truly romantic Valentine's Day. Call c/o The Maidstone at 631-324-5006 for reservations and further details.