The Jewish New Year, Rosh Hashanah, and the Day of Atonement, Yom Kippur, are just around the corner. Here is some information for those who are celebrating the High Holy Days in Southampton and Sag Harbor.
Chabad of Southampton Jewish Center:
Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur, please see http://www.southamptonjewishcenter.com/The Conservative Synagogue of the Hamptons:
Rosh Hashanah (at the Old Whalers Church in Sag Harbor)
- Sept. 4: 6:30 p.m.
- Sept. 5: 9 a.m., Following services in the afternoon, the congregation will proceed to the Long Wharf for Tashlikh
- Sept. 6: 9 a.m.
- Sept. 13: Kol Nidre, 6:45 p.m.
- Sept. 14: Morning services, including Yizkor, 9 a.m., then resuming at 4:45 p.m. with Minchah and Neilah services. There will be a festive, community break-fast following the sounding of the Shofar and the Havdalah service, which commence 7:05 p.m.
- Sept. 4: 8 p.m.
- Sept. 5: 10 a.m., Family Service at 4 p.m., Tashlich at 5:15 p.m.
- Sept. 6: 10 a.m., Songs and Stories at 11:30 a.m., Shabbat Shuvah service at 8 p.m.
- Sept. 7: Shabbat Shuvah morning service at 10 a.m., Torah study with Rabbi Morris at 11:30 a.m.
- Sep. 13: Early Kol Nidre service at 6:30 p.m., late Kol Nidre service at 8 p.m.
- Sept. 14: 10 a.m., Songs & Stories at 11:30 a.m., Sedar Ha'Avodah at 2 p.m., Family Service at 3 p.m., Minchah at 4 p.m., Yizkor Memorial Service at 6 p.m., Neilah at 7 p.m., Final Shofar blast, Havdalah and breaking of fast at 7:45 p.m.