The sun will rise at 5:23 a.m. and set at 8:10 p.m.
Network with local businesspeople, check out new openings and hear the latest speaking in the "Straight Talk: Real People" series.
1. The hosts a at The Lobster Inn. is sponsoring the event. There will be business card drawings for door prizes, a 50/50 raffle and a day boat rental. The event is open to all. Admission is $15.
2. of her sculptural jewelry and functional art at 60 Jobs Ln in Southampton Village and is on hand to greet visitors from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Naghavi handcrafts each one-of-a-kind piece with an artistic component and an eye for detail. A percentage of all sales is donated to charity.
3. The popular restaurant Almond will reopen at its new location at 1 Ocean Road in Bridgehampton just in time for Memorial Day weekend. Call 631-537-5665 for reservations.
4. Come back at noon for the latest . Columnist Sally Spanburgh writes of Monday's meeting of the Southampton Village Board of Historic Preservation and Architectural Review and the ARB decisions.
5. As part of the "" series, Heather M. Palmore of Hicksville, a lawyer who was named one of 2011's Top 50 Women in Business on Long Island by the Long Island Business News, will speak at the . Refreshments will be served after the talk. The event starts at 7 p.m. and is free and open to all.
If you think your event deserves to be in a future "Five Things," add it to the Southampton Patch calendar and write the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you know of a can't-miss event happening today in Southampton that is not mentioned here, leave a comment with the details to get the word out.