The sun will rise at 5:17 a.m. and set at 8:23 p.m. High tide is at 10:02 a.m. and 10:21 p.m. at Shinnecock Bay entrance. Low tide at is at 4:51 p.m.
Thursday features a discussion in Bridgehampton, a film screening in Sag Harbor and a new art exhibition in Southampton Village.
1. director Kari Gainey will speak as part of 's "Straight Talk, Real People" series at 7 p.m. Gainey was raised in Riverhead and her father, Albert E. Seay Sr., was the first Afro-American funeral director in the county. Refreshments will be served after the discussion, which is also hosted by the NAACP.
2. Slow Food East End presents the documentary at at 7 p.m. The documentary examines school lunch programs by looking at their history, challenges and improvements in the future. A discussion will follow. A $5 donation is suggested.
3. , a fine art exhibition featuring three female contemporary artists, will run from Thursday to June 21 at the in Southampton Village. Melinda Hackett, Meghan Boody and Kathryn Lynch will exhibit their recent work in a collection curated by Carole Reed, a Southampton-based independent curator and interior designer.
4. is holding a press conference at 10 a.m. to announce new initiatives related to the campus' famed Writers' Conference. Check back this afternoon to find out what was announced.
5. Are you a smartphone photog? Find out how to .
If you think your event deserves to be in a future "Five Things," add it to the Southampton Patch calendar and write the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you know of a can't-miss event happening today in Southampton that is not mentioned here, leave a comment with the details to get the word out.