London ballet comes to the Parrish today, and there of plenty of other ways to spend the afternoon. For more events, visit the Southampton Patch calendar.
1. will show a live telecast of "Giselle," a romantic ballet happening at the Royal Opera House in London, on Jan. 19 at 2:30 p.m. Admission is $20, or $17 for Parrish members.
2. Every Wednesday, hosts the Hamptons Jewish Seniors Club from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. for free. Rabbi Avorhom Hassan will lead the culture club program. A kosher lunch will be served. RSVP by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Nina Kennedy and Jacqueline S. Scerbinski, the co-authors of "," will lead a conversation of their book, which features 100 Water Mill residents, at at noon. Kennedy and Scerbikski also wrote "Our Southampton" and "More of Us: Our Southampton Part 2." Refreshments will be served. Reservations are required. Call 631-283-0774 ext. 523.
4. Learn how Southampton Village first got on the grid. Come back today at noon for the latest "." Columnist discusses the first power companies that provided the village with electricity.
5. Opening arguments were heard in the Tuesday, and Patch's coverage continues today. The trail is expected to resume at 2 p.m. in Riverside.