Christmas is still more than a week away, but Peconic Public Broadcasting received its gift early this year:
1. Tune in to today as the public radio station ushers in a new era. The former , Peconic Public Broadcasting, as of Wednesday. The Federal Communications Commission approved the transfer of the station's license from Long Island University to PPB, a non-profit group composed of former WLIU employees and supporters of public radio.
2. Several South Fork varsity and JV boys basketball teams will meet at this evening and face off in a tournament. Check the Southampton Patch events calendar for game times and to see who's playing.
3. Check out the entries for the Patch , and if you think your house puts them to shame, submit a photo of your decorated house and yard to email@example.com to enter. A prize will be awarded.
4. The second edition of Beverly Jensen's Southampton Patch column is coming today at noon. Jensen offers insight into Native American life on the Shinnecock Reservation.
5. Christmas Eve is only a week away. If you haven't completed your Christmas shopping yet, you're in trouble. But don't worry; Patch can help. The Southampton Patch let you know where can find the perfect gift, where to make dinner reservations and where to go to catch a break. You can also find when the local churches are holding Christmas services.