The sun will rise at 5:49 a.m. and set at 8:01 p.m. Low tide is at 5:40 a.m. and 6:26p.m. at Shinnecock Inlet. High tide is at 12:31 p.m.
An inaugural three-day music and arts festival begins in Southampton, bring headliners Patti Smith, Of Montreal and Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros.
1. A reception for "," photographs of Hampton Landscapes by Michelle Malone, will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. in the Madelle Hegeler Semerjian Gallery at . The exhibition will remain on display throughout August.
2. The Juniors and the co-host a between 5 and 8 p.m. Tickets are $20 for adults and $10 for children, available at the door. Take-out is also available
3. The is held each Friday afternoon from 3 to 6:30 p.m. in Bridgehampton.
4. The music and arts festival begins at the . Check back all weekend for continuing coverage. The town has prohibited parking on Montauk Highway near the reservation for the duration of the event. Attendees will either park at the reservation or park at and be shuttled in.
5. Learn how two new state laws affect Southampton: and .
Find more events for Friday and the whole weekend from Montauk to Westhampton in the .
And be sure answer the Question of the Day: You know you're from Southampton when ...
To get 5 Things You Need To Know Today delivered to your inbox every morning, along with the latest local news, click Get the Patch Newsletter under "Follow this Patch" at the top-right corner of the page. And follow Southampton Patch on Facebook and Twitter for breaking news updates and more.