The holiday season is a time for family fun. So get your kids out of the house to these kid-friendly events. The kids can enjoy holiday performances, a WinterFest and tons of holiday craft making workshops.
1. "" is a holiday classic. Adults and children join together to put on this ballet performance. The performance starts off Friday at 7 p.m. at for $10. A followup performance will be on Saturday at 7 p.m.
2. Go to in Southampton on Saturday at 9:30 a.m. and at least witness the . The Polar Bear Plunge is exciting for everyone, including those who decide to jump in the cold December water and the others who just watch all those brave souls. The money raised from the event goes to Human Resources of the Hamptons.
3. Kids, ages 7 to 12, can get together to make traditional holiday crafts. This will take place at the Southampton Historical Museum's in Southampton Village on Saturday at 10 a.m. for $5. The kids will learn something while making a festive decoration.
4. Adults and kids alike can get together for at in Bridgehampton on Saturday at 10 a.m. It will be fun for the whole family and in the end you will have a beautiful wreath for your door. It is $45 for adults and $35 for children.
5. Take a ride out to Westhampton for on Saturday at 11 a.m. This festival will have everything you could want for the holidays: Santa, horse and buggy rides, craft stations, treat stations, a holiday trolley and wandering carolers.
6. Making decorations is a huge part of the holiday season for children. At kids ages 8 to 12 can make their own clothespin characters from the Nutcracker for free. Head to in Bridgehampton on Dec. 16 at 3:30 p.m. to enjoy the workshop.
7. Bring your musically apt children to on Dec. 16 at 6 p.m. at in Water Mill.
8. Kids will like the fact that Studio 3 is bringing a twist to a holiday favorite. an unusual production of the Nutcracker that will take place at on Dec. 16 at 7 p.m., Dec. 17 at 7 p.m. and Dec. 18 at 2 p.m. for $20 a ticket.
9. Kids can learn how to make decorations that will attract birds to their outdoor trees. will take place on Dec. 17 at 10 a.m. at the in Bridgehampton for $2.
10. The happens every year and always features local teens and children. Bring your kids along to watch the scene acted out, to pet animals and enjoy hot chocolate and cookies. The Nativity will take place on Dec. 17 at 5 p.m. at the and the event is free.