SAG HARBOR Board of Education is looking for a Volunteer to join the district Audit Committee. Please see the following for information.
January 31, 2014
The Board of Education is seeking a community member who possesses knowledge in accounting, auditing, financial reporting, and school district finances to be a member of the Audit Committee at the Sag Harbor Union Free School District.
The Audit Committee is an advisory committee required for school districts that reviews and advises the Board on matters related to the district's independent annual audit and the internal audit function. It consists of the members specifically responsible for:
* Providing the school board with recommendations regarding the appointment of the external auditor
* Meeting with the external auditor prior to the start of the independent annual audit and reviewing and discussing with the external auditor the auditor's risk assessment of the district's fiscal operations.
* Reviewing the external auditor's draft audit report and accompanying management letter, and in collaboration with the external auditor assist the school board to interpret those documents.
* Providing recommendations to the school board regarding the acceptance of the external auditor's audit report and management letter.
* Reviewing a corrective action plan developed in response to an audit report and assisting with the implementation of that plan.
* Assisting in the oversight of the internal audit function as required by applicable law and regulations.
If you are interested, please submit your letter of interest by February 12 to:
Sag Harbor Union Free School District
200 Jermain Avenue
Sag Harbor, New York 11963