WOODBURY, N.Y., February 5, 2014 – The New York Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences honored News 12 Long Island with 26 New York Emmy® Award nominations. The award nominations were announced at the studios of CUNY-TV in New York City.
"We’re proud of these 26 nominations and the talented staff who achieved them,” said Patrick Dolan, News Director, News 12 Long Island. “Every day we strive to deliver on our commitment to provide unique local coverage of the Long Island communities and neighborhoods we serve, and we are honored to be recognized for that effort.”
The 2014 Emmy® Awards will be presented on Sunday, March 30, 2014 at The Marriott Marquee Times Square in New York City. The New York Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, founded in 1955, is the preeminent membership organization serving the television industry. NY NATAS encourages the pursuit of excellence and promotes the highest standards of quality in television by conferring the industry’s classic and most-coveted peer-recognition symbol of distinction – the Emmy®.
News 12 Networks, which is comprised of seven individual local 24-hour news channels across Connecticut, New Jersey and New York, received a total of 104 New York State Emmy® Award nominations this year, more than any other news organization.
News 12 Long Island New York Emmy® Award Nominations:
· Children/Youth Programming: (2) Calling His Shot and Camp Adventure
· Crime: Police Misconduct
· Environment - Program/Special: Green Minute Series
· Evening Newscast - Over 35 Minutes: Hofstra Presidential Debate, 5PM Show
· Feature News Report - Light Feature: Field of Dreams
· General Assignment Report: (2) Wheelchair Stolen and Oceanside Outrage
· Graphic Arts - Graphic News: Jessica Lee
· Human Interest – News: The Boy Who Wouldn't Quit
· Human Interest - Program/Special: 12 Making a Difference Show
· Military – News: (3) Big HY and USS Michael Murphy and Gold Star Ride
· Military – Program: Fallen Heroes Series
· Photographer: Short Form: (2) Andrew Singh and David Garden
· Politics/Government - Program/Special: Brookhaven Fallout
· Public/Current/Community Affairs Programming: The Next Big One
· Public/Current/Community Affairs Programming: Securing Our Schools
· Sports - News Series: The Ultimate Dream
· Writer - Short Form/Commentary/Editorial: Bob Wolff’s Point of View
· On Camera Talent: Anchor – Sports: (2) Kevin Maher and Jamie Stuart
· On Camera Reporter: Specialty Assignment: Elizabeth Hashagen
· On-Camera Talent: Reporter – Sports: Kevin Maher
About News 12 Long Island
News 12 Long Island is the exclusive 24-hour local news service dedicated to covering the counties of Nassau and Suffolk, available exclusively on the Long Island Cablevision system. News 12 Long Island was the first local 24-hour cable television news channel of its kind to launch in the United States in 1986. Today News 12 Long Island is part of News 12 Networks which is the largest and most watched regional news network. The network includes seven individual local 24-hour news channels, five traffic and weather channels, the award winning news12.com, and News 12 Interactive, channel 612 on Optimum TV. News 12 Networks is owned and operated by Cablevision Systems Corporation.